Christchurch City Council is meeting on Thursday 12 March. The main items on the agenda for the public part of the meeting are:
- Reports from all the Community Boards outlining the major issues and projects in their areas.
- A report from the Linwood-Central-Heathcote Community Board which recommends the Council approve the assignment of the lease for the premises in Scarborough Park, known as Ocean Café and Bar, from Fritchards Limited to Haddenough Limited.
- A report from the Halswell-Hornby-Riccarton Community Board which recommends the Council approval no stopping restrictions and cycle lanes on part of Main South Road and Racecourse Road.
- A Hearings Panel report which recommends the Council approve the introduction of a permanent alcohol ban in and around rugby league playing fields at certain times during the league season.
- A report which recommends the Council approve a draft submission on the proposed National Policy Statement for Indigenous Biodiversity.
- A report which recommends the Council classify the Pages Road Bridge Replacement Project as a project of Metropolitan Significance and delegate ongoing decision-making to the Urban Development and Transport Committee.
- A report updating the Council on activities within the Ōtākaro Avon River Corridor.
- A report which recommends the Council approves the fees and charges at He Puna Taimoana – the new hot pools complex at New Brighton.
- A report which recommends Council endorse the establishment of Te Tira Kahikuhiku/The Christchurch Red Zones Transformative Land Use Consultation Group and approve the terms of reference for the group.
- A report from the Mayor on the external activities she undertook in February.
Read the full agenda.
The public are welcome to attend the Council meeting, which will be held in the Council Chamber on the second floor of the Civic Offices in Hereford St. Alternatively you can watch the meeting on the live-stream.