The Christchurch City Council is meeting at 9.30am on Thursday 11 March. The main items on the agenda for the public part of the meeting are:
- Reports from the Community Boards outlining issues and projects in their areas.
- A Hearings Panel report recommending that the Council adopts a new Tree Policy, covering the management of the planting, maintenance and removal of trees on public land.
- A Hearings Panel report recommending that the Council approves the building of new changing rooms in North Hagley Park.
- A report seeking Council approval of a request to demolish and rebuild the Hagley Sports Centre in South Hagley Park, and name the new building the Richard Hadlee Sports Centre.
- A report seeking approval of an initial proposal for consultation on Council and Community Board representation for local elections. The initial proposal includes changes to ward boundaries and community boards.
- A report seeking Council approval for public consultation on a draft Development Contributions Policy relating to the associated costs of providing infrastructure to service new developments.
Read the full agenda.
Members of the public are welcome to attend the Council meeting, held in the Council Chamber on the second floor of the Civic Offices in Hereford Street.
Alternatively, people can watch the meeting on the live-stream.