Christchurch City Council is meeting at 9.30am on Thursday 10 March. The main items on the agenda for the public part of the meeting are:
- The monthly reports from the Community Boards outlining the significant issues and projects in their areas.
- A monthly report from the Mayor outlining her external activities and the key decisions of the external bodies she attends on behalf of Council.
- A report which recommends the Council make a grant of $15,000 from the Metropolitan Discretionary Response Fund to New Zealand Netball so it can employ a Netball Participation Lead to focus on the needs of tamariki and rangatahi in Ōtautahi Christchurch.
- A report which recommends the Council prioritises international partnerships with Guandong Province, China, the West Coast of the United States, and the Republic of Korea under its International Relations Policy Framework. The report also recommends that Christchurch adopts Australia as an International Foundation and Recovery Partner.
- A report which recommends the Council approves the terms of reference for its Engagement Working Group.
- A report which recommends the Council resolves that candidate names are shown in random order on voting documents for the 2022 triennial elections and any subsequent by-elections.
- A report which recommends the Council consider the public submissions it received about the proposed sale of land in the Performing Arts Precinct to Wilson Parking Limited. The report recommends the Council proceed with the sale so that parking building can be developed on the land.
Read the full agenda.
Due to COVID-19 the meeting will be held via audio/visual link. It is open to the public through the live-stream.