Christchurch City Council is meeting at 9.30am on Thursday 12 November. The main items on the agenda for the public part of the meeting are:
- Reports from all the Community Boards outlining issues and projects in their respective areas.
- A report from the Papanui-Innes Community Board which recommends the Council endorse the current design of Cranford Street between Innes Road and Berwick Street.
- A report from the Christchurch Momentum Committee which recommends the Council endorse the refreshed Central City Action Plan.
- A report from the Christchurch Momentum Committee on the central city residential programme.
- A report which recommends the Council amends the current Smokefree Public Places Policy to include vaping.
- A report on the Southshore and South New Brighton earthquake legacy project.
- A report which seeks Council’s approval to begin the development of a permanent co-governance model for the former residential red zone. The report also seeks approval of a decision-making framework for land use proposals in the former residential red zone.
- A report which seeks Council’s feedback on Land Information New Zealand’s proposal to stop portions of Cashel and Lichfield streets for the Canterbury Multi-Use Arena development.
- The quarterly update on the Council progress on implementing its Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act Improvement Plan.
- A report seeking Council’s approval of draft submission on the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment proposal to extend the Government Procurement Rules to government entities.
- A report which recommends the Council decline a loan application from Ōtautahi Urban Guild Limited for $3.6 million for the purchase of land at 264 Madras Street.
Read the full agenda.
The public are welcome to attend the Council meeting, which will be held in the Council Chamber on the second floor of the Civic Offices in Hereford Street. Alternatively you can watch the meeting on the live-stream.