Christchurch City Council is meeting at 9.30am on Thursday 13 May. The main items on the agenda for the public part of the meeting are:
- Reports from the Community Boards outlining issues and projects in their areas.
- A report from the Halswell-Hornby-Riccarton Community Board that recommends the Council gift the old library building at 381 Halswell Road to Halswell Community Project Incorporated for the sum of $1. The report also recommends the Council lease HPC the land on which the building sits at a peppercorn rent.
- The Mayor’s monthly report for April.
- A Hearings Panel report which recommends the Council change the status of City Mall from a pedestrian mall to a shared zone.
- A Hearings Panel report which recommends the Council approve amendments to the Montgomery Spur Reserve Management Plan so that a new mountain bike track can be constructed in the reserve area.
- A Hearings Panel report which recommends the Council approve the scheme design for a new cycleway on Colombo Street between Bealey Avenue and Kilmore Street.
- A report which recommends the Council approve the public notification of Proposed Plan Change 7 (Managing Significant Indigenous Vegetation).
- A report which recommends the Council approve a draft submission to the Ministry of Transport on its discussion document Enabling Drone Integration.
- A report which recommends the Council appoint Councillor Melanie Coker as the community representative on the Christchurch Primary Health Organisation Board for the remainder of this term of the Council.
- A report on Christchurch City Holdings Limited’s Draft Statement of Intent for 2021/22.
Read the full agenda.
The public are welcome to attend the Council meeting, which will be held in the Council Chamber on the second floor of the Civic Offices in Hereford Street. Alternatively you can watch the meeting on the live-stream.