Christchurch City Council is meeting at 9.30am on Wednesday 2 November. The main items on the agenda for the public part of the meeting include:
- A report outlining the Mayor's new governance structure for this term of the Council.
- Three financial monitoring reports which track how the Council is performing financially and how it tracking with the delivery of its capital programme.
- A report updating the Council on overdue general and rate debtors with balances in excess of $20,000, as at 30 September 2022.
- A report recommending the Council appoint its General Manager, Resources, as its proxy for the purposes of voting at the Local Government Funding Agency’s AGM in late November.
- A report on the technical feasibility of low stopbanks along the Ōpāwaho Heathcote River.
- A report that seeks the Council’s approval to place seismic equipment at the Botanic Gardens so GNS can study liquefaction linked to earthquakes.
Read the full agenda.
The Council meeting will take place in the Council Chamber on the second floor of the Civic Offices in Hereford Street. The public are welcome to attend or to watch it on the live-stream.