Christchurch City Council is meeting at 9.30am on Thursday 7 April. The main items on the agenda for the public part of the meeting are:
- The monthly reports from the Community Boards outlining the significant issues and projects in their areas.
- A report from the Halswell-Hornby-Riccarton Community Board which recommends make some safety improvements to the intersection of Troup Drive and Whiteleigh Avenue.
- A report from the Coastal-Burwood Community Board which recommends lowering the speed limit on 20 streets in the Avondale area to create a slow speed neighbourhood. The 20 streets are all in the area bounded by Anzac Drive, Wainoni Road, Hulverstone Drive, Avondale Road and Breezes Road.
- A report from the Linwood-Central-Heathcote Community Board which recommends the Council approve the installation of new floodlights in the tennis court area in Hagley Park North.
- A report outlining the Hearings Panel’s recommendations following the consultation and hearings process on the Draft Ōtautahi Christchurch Community Strategy.
- A report which recommends the Council approves the final Coastal Adaptation Framework which sets out the guiding principles and the engagement and decision-making process for the Council’s adaptation planning process.
- A report which recommends the Council retain its current Psychoactive Products Retail Locations Policy without amendments.
- A report which recommends the Council defer any decision on whether to proceed with a separate glass collection for the district until it knows more about the Government’s plans to standardise kerbside collections and introduce a Container Return Scheme.
- A report outlining the Chief Executive’s responses to the recommendations of the External Advisory Group that was set up to help improve the Council’s performance and identify ways the organisation could reduce costs.
Read the full agenda.
The Council meeting is being held virtually because of COVID-19. People can watch the meeting via the live-stream.