Christchurch City Council is meeting at 9.30am on Thursday 8 October. The main items on the agenda for the public part of the meeting are:
- Reports from all the Community Boards outlining issues and projects in their areas.
- A report from the Papanui-Innes Community Board that recommends the Council revoke the Recreation Reserve status of the land it owns at 122 Caledonian Road so that it can be used as a carpark for the new St Albans Community Centre.
- A report from a joint meeting of the Coastal-Burwood and Papanui-Innes Community Boards that recommends the Council lower the speed on the section of Marshland Road between Prestons Road and Main North Road/Spencerville Road from 70km an hour to 60km an hour.
- A report from the Banks Peninsula Community Board that recommends the Council declare the property at 55 Woodills Road, Akaroa, as surplus and begin the process to sell it.
- A report from the Halswell-Hornby-Riccarton Community Board that recommends the Council approves the concept design for the Hornby library, customer services, and south west leisure centre.
- A report that seeks the Council’s approval to obtain the views of strategic partners on a proposal to amend the Christchurch Central Recovery Plan so it can manage the potential noise effects from concerts and other events at the Canterbury Multi Use Arena.
- A report that seeks Council’s approval to put the draft Community Housing Strategy out for public consultation.
Read the full agenda.
The public are welcome to attend the Council meeting, which will be held in the Council Chamber on the second floor of the Civic Offices in Hereford Street. Alternatively people can watch the meeting on the live-stream.