Confined to your home and looking for things to do? Christchurch City Libraries has lots of online content that can help you keep boredom at bay.
- Choose from over 50,000 titles that you can read or listen to on your tablet, smartphone of laptop for free. Explore our popular eBooks, eMagazines and eAudiobooks here.
- If you’re keen on a bit of escapism, you can even take a journey through a mythical land with our epic fantasy fiction collection here.
- Take a free course to sharpen your skills with Lynda.com. Over 6,300 courses and 267,000 tutorials on software, technology, creative and business skills are available. Alternatively, check out other free eLearning resources here.
- Read news and views in your language with PressReader which provides access to over 6,000 newspapers from around the world.
- Choose from 10,000 epic films and documentaries through video streaming service Kanopy.
- Study one of 60 popular languages from basic right through to advanced levels with Mango Languages.
- Tamariki can check out fun games, animated stories and other eResources for kids here. This page also has loads of fun learning tools.
- Rangatahi can explore choice new eReads, eComics and study help here.
- Family history buff? Get started on your family tree with our online eResources here.
- Keen to improve your English and gain new opportunities? Study at your own pace to prepare for the globally recognised IELTS general or academic
- Take a trip down memory lane. Visit Canterbury Stories and find a growing collection of images, archives and published material, or add your own contributions to the Discovery Wall.
You’ll need a library card and PIN number to access most of our eResources.
No card? No problem, sign up online now.
If you need help, use our online chat service, LiveOnline, or talk to our friendly team by calling 03 941 7923.